Baidyanath Basant Kusumakar Ras with Gold (25 tablets)
Basant Kusumakar Ras acts as an alternative stimulant and tonic, indicated in diabetes mellitus, urinary problems, sexual debility, asthma and general debility. Also used as a tonic for heart and brain.
Basant Kusumakar Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form, used in treatment of diabetes, diseases related to urinary tract, memory loss etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
Basant Kusumakar Ras Uses
- It is an excellent rejuvenative and anti aging medicine.
- It is used in the treatment of memory loss, diabetes and diseases related to urinary tract.
- It improves memory, concentration, skin complexion, strength and immunity.
- It is also widely used to treat polyurea (frequent urination problem).
- It is indicated in cough, cardiac disorders, liver and kidney disorders.
Basant Kusumakar Ras ingredients, how to make:
- Hataka – Swarna Bhasma – Bhasma of Gold – 20 g
- Chandra – Rajata Bhasma – Bhasma of Silver – 20 g
- Vanga Bhasma – Tin Calx – 30 g
- Ahi – Naga Bhasma – Lead Calx – 30 g
- Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 30 g
- Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica – 40 g
- Pravala Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Coral – 40 g
- Mukta Bhasma – Bhasma (Calx) of Pearl – 40 g
- Quantity sufficient of following liquids for grinding
- Godugdha – Cow milk
- Juice extract or water decoction of
- Ikshu – Sugarcanne – Saccharum officinarum
- Vasa – Malabar nut tree (root / whole plant) – Adhatoda vasica
- Laksha – Laccifer lacca
- Udeechya – Andropogan vetiveria
- Kadali – Banana tree – Musa paradisiaca
- Shatapatra – Lotus – Nelumbium speciosum
- Malati – Jasminum grandiflorum
- Mrigamada – Musk
Fine powder ingredients are triturated with each liquid separately and dried.
Vasant Kusumakar Ras has following healing properties.
- Anti-hyperglycemic & Anti-diabetic
- Rejuvenative agent
- Cardioprotective and cardiac tonic
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
- Immuno-modulator (Due to Swarna Bhasma)
- Muscle relaxant
- Libido Stimulant
Basant Kusumakar Ras has significant anti-hyperglycaemic effects. It may also increase insulin levels in the plasma. The toxicity study indicated that kidney functions improved biochemically, but toxic effects appeared in kidney histopathology. Biochemically, total proteins, albumin and glomerular filtration improved. In histopathological study, inflammation occurred in kidneys, which was due to the heavy metal accumulation in the kidneys. Mercury accumulation in the kidneys activated the mononuclear phagocyte system and the immune response generated due to this caused kidney inflammation. Apoptosis (cell death) was increased in kidney tissue. This study was performed using 50 mg Vasant Kusumakar Ras per Kg body weight in Albino Wistar rats.
Basant Kusumakar Ras side effects:
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Basant Kusumakar Ras dosage:
125 – 250 mg once in the morning, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, sugar or ghee.