Indigo (Neel Patra) 120g (2 pack)
Indigo effective in hair fall and as hair colour when used externally.
If you are looking for a natural alternative for chemical hair dyes, then indigo powder is a great choice. Indigo powder is got by powdering the leaves of indigo plant whose botanical name is Indigofera Tinctoria.
The leaves produce dark blue dye and when applied as a hair dye, gives dark black colour. Indigo powder is called Indian Indigo in English, Avuri or Neeli in Tamil, Neeli Chettu in Telugu, Neela Amari | Neelayamari in Malayalam, Neelini | Neela in Hindi, Neeli in Kannada, Neel in Marathi, Wasma in Arabic and Neel in Urdu. Indigo is a small shrub that grows about 1 to 2 meters high and produces beautiful pink flowers.
Indigo plant has wonderful medicinal uses and all parts of the plant is used medicinally. Though indigo is known mainly as a natural dye, it has other amazing hair benefits too. Indigo is mainly used in the form of hair oil for stimulating hair growth and in the form of a pack for dyeing the hair. For dyeing, it is applied after henna. Henna makes the hair reddish orange and indigo dyes the hair dark blue color and together they create a natural black color.
Here are the amazing hair benefits of indigo powder:
1. Indigo Powder For Premature Greying Of The Hair: Indigo leaf is an amazing home remedy for treating premature greying of the hair. Regular use of hair oil made with indigo leaves will reverse and prevent greying of the hair.
2. Indigo Powder For Hair Growth: Indigo hair oil made with the leaves is amazing for hair growth. It prevents scalp infections and stimulates new hair growth when used regularly.
3. Indigo Powder For Dandruff: The hair oil made with indigo leaves is also a very good remedy for dandruff. It reduces dandruff greatly and if used from young age, it will greatly prevent dandruff.
4. Indigo Powder Hair Dye: One main hair benefit of indigo is that it acts as a natural hair dye. In my personal opinion, it is one of natures gift considering the side effects of chemical hair dyes which range from increased sensitivity to sun to skin allergies.
5. Indigo Powder For Dry Hair: Indigo hair oil is one of the best conditioners that softens your hair really really well. If you are suffering from dry brittle hair, I would suggest using indigo oil regularly. Within few days of regular use, you will find you hair smooth and soft. For making indigo oil, indigo leaves, amla and bhringraj are boiled together in a pan till the water evaporates and the sizzling sound stops.
HOW TO APPLY INDIGO POWDER FOR HAIR:
a.Take indigo powder in a non metallic cup as it is best not to use metallic containers while mixing dyes, I usually use glass containers.
b. Add in enough warm water to form a thick spreadable paste. You can use the indigo hair just after 10 minutes after mixing it, don’t wait longer.
Composition: Each 10g powder contains: Neel (Indigofera tinctoria) Lf, 10g
Dosage: As directed by the physician.
Storage: Keep the pouch ziplocked when not in use. Store in a cool & dry place away from moisture & direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.